Dole Packaged Foods is a purpose led health and wellness organization that “champions a more equitable world.” A world where everyone has the right to nutrition from the goodness of the earth and we reduce these gaps, one action at a time.
The Senior Financial Analyst will support the financial modeling and analytical support needs for the Retail Sales area of the business. The role will participate in the development of the customer/channel strategy and trade planning; monthly and annual trade forecasting; optimize trade spend investments; and conduct ongoing sales analysis to improve revenue management.
This role provides flexibility to work in a hybrid environment of home and our Westlake Village, CA office.
- Build strong relationships with the sales teams and create a strategic partnership to identify and monitor key performance indicators and develop actionable recommendations
- Participate in the development of the customer/channel strategy and trade planning including follow through on all elements commercial execution while collaborating with commercial teams to drive analysis of business trends, division/broker market spending and profitability.
- Complete monthly and annual calendarized trade forecasting for the LE process by category. Provide Trade forecast details and variance analysis to the division co-pilots for monthly dynamic forecast.
- Optimize trade spend investments: Identifying the most efficient & effective way to perform pre & post evaluation (financial & commercial) and ensure that the analysis is completed, and the learning log is maintained with key takeaways implemented. Ensuring procedures are in place to figure out if Dole is getting performance in line with customer agreements.
- Act as custodian of Sales Finance internal controls and assurance that trade spend practices align with internal and external guidelines.
- Improve the Revenue Management by Ongoing Sales Analysis, Identifying critical resets and management of pricing actions across Channels
- Validate and perform “sense checks” in the forecast for scope of responsibility Trade Promotion, Customer Channel P&L, Assortment management Optimization to ensure alignment with S&OP and Latest Estimate.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Knowledge, & Skills You Bring:
- 5+ years of financial analysis experience in a CPG, manufacturing, or sales organization
- Food and/or beverage experience preferred
- Advanced analytical skills, an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment and a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Proven ability to analyze large data sets to produce financial recommendations.
- Expertise in collecting, analyzing, and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful analyses to lead business improvement and cost reductions.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving.
- Strong ability to work with business leaders to deliver results, including the ability to persuade with data. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Passionate about a purpose driven career
- Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with your business partners – you influence the decisions. You can root cause issues quickly and uncover core issues using data, then assist, consult with, and teach the business how decisions affect costs in their sites and create new mechanisms as they are needed.
- Experience serving as a trusted partner to their senior leadership team through short-term and long-term financial planning processes, confronting and overcoming challenging situations, enabling growth, and driving efficiency improvement.
- Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment including an ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and drive projects to completion.
- Identify and develop key business opportunities and drive efficiency while balancing customer promise.
- This role requires an intellectually curious individual who can frame situations through multiple lenses. They are a self-starter with a keen attention to detail and an ability to set clear priorities in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have shown success in influencing business owners and supporting decision making in rapidly evolving environments.
Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar field required.
- CPA/MBA preferred.
- Ability to sit and use the computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones and use a variety of office equipment; ability to lift 15 pounds and reach overhead.
- Occasional travel may be required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.