Looking to help shape the future of global commerce? Grow as an Applied Researcher? Work on interesting projects with business impact?
- Build machine learning models and data pipelines to deliver insightful yet practical solutions as part of building online products across our various groups (Advertising, Merchandising, Marketing, Search, Shipping, etc).
- Build scalable data processing pipelines using Big Data technologies to acquire, analyze and transform knowledge datasets.
- Leverage Research and Engineering methodologies to solve real world, production level problems. Work with engineers as well as other cross functional teams to produce end-to-end production-ready solutions.
- Conduct experiments and evaluate the performance of algorithms, investigate false positives/false negatives and implement continuous improvements to the eBay ecosystem.
- Identify opportunities to implement Machine learning and AI into various areas of our Global Marketplace.
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for locations: San Jose, CA; San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Bellevue, WA
- You will be directly responsible for conceiving and building machine learning solutions.
- Design and implement end to end solutions using machine learning, and own live deployments to improve both efficiency and user experience for buyers and sellers across our Marketplace.
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineers, and product teams to develop strategic and tactical enhancements to our platforms.
- Conduct experiments and evaluate the performance of the models, investigate false positives/false negatives and implement continuous improvements to the eBay ecosystem.
- Research, assess, recommend, and develop technologies in the context of eBay’s Marketplace product requirements. Contribute to eBay’s patent portfolio.
- Communicate your methodology and results to a community of researchers, developers, analysts, and product managers working on a number of related technologies.
- Work with engineers as well as other cross functional teams to produce end-to-end production-ready solutions.
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student, have 0-3 years of relevant work experience in an accredited Masters or PhD program within the United States graduating December 2021 – June 2022.
- Pursuing a Master’s or PhD Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics or related major.
- Creative thinker with an interest in building real-world products.
- Practical experience with Engineering/Programming/Coding. Strong mathematical, statistical, and scientific modeling skills
- Hands-on Technical experience (Academic experience is ok) with some of the following technologies: SQL, Java, Python, NoSQL Databases (MongoDB). Familiarity with: Hadoop, Pig, Spark, H2O is a plus.