Looking for a global commerce leader where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? If you said yes, eBay wants to talk to you. Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a significant impact for people across the globe.
About the team:
Like to shake things up? We do! eBay hires innovators who can push boundaries and change the world. Put on your entrepreneurial hat, roll up your sleeves and dive head first into eBay’s extensive pools of data. Come with an analytical mindset and a real passion for delivering on business goals. Help eBay take data to the next level.
We are looking for a motivated machine learning and data science engineering intern to build robust and scalable software and draw insights from massive data sets. We want the highest levels of technical talent and programming skills, as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward. You’ll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry.
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for locations: San Jose, CA; San Francisco, CA; New York,NY; Bellevue, WA; and Austin, TX
- Insightful. Be able to draw conclusions from large Datasets, and help drive business decisions with data-driven thinking
- Inventive. Have the ability to do a lot with a little. Aggregate information from various places and establish relationships with key partners to get the data you need.
- Tech Savvy. Master your tools, and continue to expand your systems knowledge through formal or informal research and training.
- An Excel connoisseur. Know excel backwards and forwards, able to use advanced techniques to collect, display and interpret data.
- SQL expertise. Proficiency in SQL is required. R, Python, Java, and/or C++ are a bonus
- NoSQL Tools. Have familiarity with at least one NoSQL tool; Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Pig, H2O, etc.
- Currently enrolled as a student, 0-3years of relevant work experience in an accredited Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program within the United States graduating after December 2022+.
- Enrolled in or pursuing a Bachelors. Master’s or PhD Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics or related major.
- The ability to strike a balance between critical thinking and actual hands-on analyses using tools such as SQL, Python, Tableau.
- Strong technical skills to turn big data into measurable insights. At the same time, you also have the ability to think about the big picture and connect the dots to evaluate how the insights impact eBay’s ecosystem.
- In addition to delivering insights on existing Product & Tech initiatives, you will come up with innovative product growth opportunities based on insights, and create momentum through influence.
- Proactive collaboration and effective communication are critical
- Ability to present complex analyses and insights effectively in simple terms
- Good experience with both descriptive and inferential statistics – ability to build basic prototype models
- Experience with site experimentation (A/B testing) is a plus