We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze and prepare financial statements used by key stakeholders
- Prepare journal entries, ensuring the completeness of the ledger
- Ensure the quality of the Balance Sheet by identifying and resolving reconciliation variance
- Support the business unit, auditors, state regulators and actuarial as assigned
- Prepare various internal management and external regulatory reports as assigned
- Drive and influence business decisions based on metrics and data
- Innovate and drive process improvement
- Work in a strong team environment with a focus on collaboration, diversity in thought and inclusion
- Articulate results effectively to management
Essential Job Functions
- Reconciliation of bank and general ledger accounts.
- Identifies adjustments, corrective action, and prepares documentation in support of the reconciliation.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, various reports, and financial records for assigned books of business or companies.
- Prepares, processes, and validates recurring and miscellaneous accounting entries (journals/payments).
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers and records for assigned companies.
- Prepares reports and statements for various state and regulatory filings for assigned companies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
What You Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Ideal candidate will have Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Team player and effective collaborator
- Meticulous with an unrelenting attention to detail
- Exception analytical skills and inquisitive mind
- Flexible and adaptable to change in a fast paced environment
- Effective communication skills
- Customer centric and trustworthy
What We Offer
- Compensation: $54k base salary plus a competitive Benefits package, including bonus potential!
- Opportunity to join a team of over 450 Finance and Accounting professionals nationwide.
- Opportunities for advancement for proactive, driven and knowledgeable individuals who want to expand into leadership roles.
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Savings Accounts, life insurance, short and long term disability; Company contributed 401(K) program, up to 6% dollar for dollar company match, PLUS additional 4% automatic company contribution; Bonus Eligibility and 19-34 PT0 days, based on experience and tenure. In addition, we offer wellness programs, flexible work schedule and much more.
- Required job duties are normally performed in a climate- controlled office environment.
- Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasion walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking, and hearing.
Job Location(s): US – CA – WdlndHills-6301