We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Creates and manages personal lines insurance programs; assists in the coordination of all phases of new product introduction and product maintenance. Supports profitable growth through strategic, disciplined, and data-driven pricing. The Product Analyst is responsible for gathering organizing, and analyzing data in order to complete rate indications and other actuarial studies which inform pricing decision for the business.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains contact with State Offices and Personal Lines Marketing to benefit product development activities.
- Analyzes, researches and creates new personal lines insurance products which are likely to be implemented territory-wide.
- Coordinates development and implementation of new personal lines insurance products with other functional departments; chairs coordinating meetings where assigned.
- Initiates preparation and publication of procedure bulletins, field bulletins and marketing kits regarding the introduction of new products.
- Follows up regularly with other functional departments, Agents/District Managers, State Offices and Service Centers to verify that new products have been implemented correctly.
- Queries and organizes data
- Develops rate indications and other actuarial studies
- Integrates new actuarial methodologies and techniques
- Streamlines, enhances, and automates current processes and workflow
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Walking, seeing, driving, speaking, hearing, standing and lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, with occasional exposure to uncontrolled outside environmental conditions.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, statistics or a related STEM field strongly preferred.
Passed at least 1 actuarial exam preferred
Special Skill Requirement
Proficient PC Skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
Ability to develop excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience with computer programing languages such as R, Python, SQL or VBA is preferred.
- Farmers offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, qualifications and location
- CO Only: The pay range for this job being performed in CO would be $57,300 – $76,500
- Bonus Opportunity (based on Company and Individual Performance)
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- For more information, review “What we offer” on https://www.farmers.com/careers/
Job Location(s): US – RW – Remote Work – Farmers