We’re looking for innovative, passionate, and hard-working candidates to join our paid internship program for Summer 2022!
We are Farmers!
Farmers Insurance Group is one of the premier Property and Casualty insurers in the United States, with operations nationwide and corporate headquarters located in the greater Los Angeles, CA (Woodland Hills) area. Farmers has been independently certified as a Great Place to Work and Best Company for Diversity based on its high-trust, high-performance diverse, and inclusive workplace culture. Extensive development opportunities are available through the award-winning University of Farmers, named by Training Magazine as a top 10 corporate training organization in the world.
What you’ll get to do as an intern
- This is an opportunity to work alongside accomplished professionals and gain valuable skills for your future
- You will develop crucial and highly valuable skills as well as soft skills through the course of your internship
- You will learn how we use innovation and technology to drive our business forward
- Through project work, job shadowing, hands-on work experience, and exposure to Farmers leadership teams you will expand your knowledge and experience
As an intern, you will be exposed to and learn about the strategy, technology and innovation that drives an industry leading Claims organization. In this role, you will support various senior leaders in the Strategy & Automation organization within Claims. You will support the organization in doing external and internal research on business trends and competitive intelligence. Your work will have a focus on our customer, people, process, and technology. You will leverage insights found and support how we then package and communicate this information out to the organization. You may also participate in exploratory vendor engagements, involving product demos and research on the company’s structure financials, people, and strategy. Our vendor work is often focused on what is referenced to as “InsurTech”, which is the development of product and/or service for the insurance industry.
What you Bring
- Pursuing a BA Degree (Rising Senior) or Master’s Degree program with an accredited college
- A passion for technology, research, and strategy development
- Experience working in group settings; developing presentations and communication skills
- Self-motivated, an excellent problem solver, and a quick learner
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
At Farmers, we celebrate differences of thought, experience, and identity that make us unique. Join a diverse team of employees with a passion for giving back to the community and helping customers in need.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Location(s): US – RW – Remote Work – Farmers