- Primary Location: San Francisco, CA
- Full time
- Travel: No
- Currently remote, will likely be onsite in 2022
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is looking for exceptional college graduates to join our Economic Research team as Research Associates. We welcome applications at this time for multiple positions that start in the summer of 2022.
What You Will Do:
- Research Associates make use of their analytical skills in the areas of economics, finance, statistics, and programming to support academic research and monetary policy work by staff economists
- Conduct quantitative research analyses using economic and financial data; computer programming; preparation of supporting briefing and educational outreach materials; and financial and economic database management
- The position requires a two-year commitment and is ideal for students considering graduate studies, particularly in economics or finance
What We’re Looking For:
- Superior academic record with at least a B.A., B.S. or B.E. that includes a strong quantitative background (econometrics, statistics, advanced calculus, or computer programming). Typically requires 2+ years of experience in math, econometrics, statistics, programming, computer science coursework
- An interest in economics or finance
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience with Matlab, Stata, Python or R
- Other computer programming experience a plus
- Previous work experience as a Research Assistant also a plus, but not necessary
- This position requires access to confidential FOMC and or/supervisory information, which is limited to “Protected Individuals” as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and lawful permanent resident and meet other eligibility requirements.
- Effective October 1, 2021, all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank’s vaccination policy; the Bank will provide accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
How to Apply:
Applications must include the following to be considered: 1) a resume, 2) a cover letter, and 3) undergraduate transcript (unofficial is acceptable.) We can only consider applications submitted to the FRBSF application portal. We will review applications on a rolling basis and plan to reach out to candidates for first round interviews in early Fall.
We offer a competitive salary and a wonderful benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pre-Tax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Paid Family Care Leave, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and a Retirement / Pension
The Department offers an outstanding and collaborative research environment and competitive salary and benefits. Candidates can find additional information at https://www.frbsf.org/economic-research/about/research-associates/. Information about RA opportunities throughout the Federal Reserve System may be found at www.fedeconjobs.org.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco believes in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.