This is a Summer 2022 internship with a proposed start in late May/early June 2022.
This position can be domiciled anywhere in the U.S.
The summer intern position is targeting students entering law school in the fall or undergraduate with a focus in: Pre-law, economics, accounting, psychology, English, math, statistics, forensic science, social sciences, criminal justice, information technology, data analytics or a related area.
Department: Legal Compliance & Ethics which handles assessments of third party service providers to ensure compliance with legal and contractual obligations. Legal Compliance & Ethics also conducts specialized investigations, many of which involve data analytics, and is responsible for providing training and advice related to the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other compliance-related initiatives. The ideal candidate for the Compliance Intern position is a student entering law school or an undergraduate student pursuing a degree in one of the above areas. Experience with Microsoft Excel and excellent attention to detail will help ensure success in the role.
Note: Students who have completed one or more semesters of law school should instead consider applying for the law student internship for the Legal Department which will be posted separately.
Performs activities related to his/her field of study while obtaining experience working in a corporate environment. Participates in various networking and/or community service events.
• Supports and plans work on small projects with direction from management.
• Assists management and other department personnel to support larger projects (e.g., managing project schedule and status reporting).
• May assume the duties normally performed in the department, alongside professionals who perform these roles.
• Works with various departments and/or vendors to gather information needed for various projects. • Presents project results to management and/or department personnel.
• Performs analytical work within the assigned functional area.
• Conducts research using the internet and other sources of information.
• Creates or updates systems or databases for specific department needs.
• One (1) year of education at an accredited college, university or technical school (must be currently enrolled).
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD software may be required for some positions.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
• Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
• Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce