FDA Leveraged Finance Analyst Program – Job overview
FinDox is a fast-growing financial services technology firm based in Los Angeles. The company provides cloud-based document management, compliance and financial data services for investment firms in the debt capital markets. FinDox went live with its first product in 1Q 2018, is cash flow positive. The company has been operating with lean and capital efficient processes and recently secured a Series A funding from Aquiline Technology Growth (ATG). With the capital infusion from ATG, FinDox is capitalized to continue its growth path and is not expecting to raise further growth capital in the foreseeable future.
The FDA Analyst program is a 3-year program that seeks to provide a gateway into a long-term career in finance and asset management for hard working, intellectually curious and motivated candidates living in the greater Los Angeles area. Applicants selected for the program will begin by being enrolled in a multi-week training program aimed at teaching you to understand and prepare financial and analytic models for private and public companies that issue debt in the $3 trillion global high yield and leveraged loan market. Models built on the FinDox platform are used by our clients for monitoring and evaluating company performance and credit metrics of private debt issuers. You will receive instruction in concepts such as financial statement analysis, valuation frameworks, accounting, capital structure analysis, company and industry analysis, credit market ratios, restructuring scenarios and capital markets activity / theory. Opportunities for mentorship and interaction with buy-side professionals from leading institutional investment firms are designed to help lead to full-time positions at those organizations.
What’s in it for you:
- Entry-level position into the world of finance and investment management
- Develop your analytical skills and financial and accounting acumen
- Explore a highly-rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards
- Learn from industry-leading analysts and experts
- Interface with investment professionals at some of the largest and most prestigious asset management firms.
What will you be doing?
Responsible for monitoring company news and financial disclosures which include but are not limited to:
- Extract business and financial data from company financial reports and organize / structure it within the FinDox Analytics platform
- Prepare detailed financial models (including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Capital Structure, Relative Performance metrics and Ratio Analysis)
- Monitor and review receipt of financial data feeds from third-party vendors
- Gain industry, subject matter expertise and technical skills to independently build models and incorporate updates on company performance
- Contribute to continuous improvement by providing inputs on our data products and your daily work flows such that we can continue to evolve and improve
- Participate in ad hoc projects to improve the quality of the data set
What would we like you to have:
- Sharp mind and a desire to learn and excel in a highly competitive industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or in related discipline
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including the tenacity to resolve complex issues
- Keen attention to detail, particularly with regards to the ability to accurately handle data
- Ability to grasp new concepts and work under tight deadlines
- Strong PC skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to learn and apply your newly acquired skills to grow professionally and personally
What we’d like you to be:
- Honest about your capabilities and limitations
- Possess a strong moral compass
- A self-starter who learns quickly but is not afraid to ask questions
- Organized and detail-oriented yet flexible enough to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Recent college graduate or 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Keenly interested in technology, finance and capital markets
- Competitive salary
- Paid health insurance, Dental/vision
- 401(k) matching
- Professional growth trajectory
Send resume to email@example.com
FOR U.S. APPLICANTS: FinDox is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.