As a Business Development Intern in our Southwest Division, you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge and training in a real-world setting. You will support the Business Development Team for the Southwest, focusing on alternative delivery. This includes, but is not limited to, building a list of priority projects and elected officials and agencies, and developing talking points. You will support research associated to legislative issues and projects being tracked. Through this internship experience, you will gain research skills, intimate knowledge of the construction and legislative processes as well as building valuable connections within the construction industry.
What you will be doing
- Research and track bill(s)/ordinance(s) impacting the construction industry.
- Track construction projects at various stages (planned, funded, in design, etc.) for State, Federal, and Local governments.
- Assist in monitoring and writing reports on policy boards and key organizations.
- Support staff in research and analysis of various topics, organizations, elected officials, and other key players as needed.
- Assist in the development of one-pagers on projects, agencies and officials as needed.
- Enter project information into company database
- Keep staff abreast on trends and movements within alternative delivery and all other topics of interest to the business development team
- Attend industry related functions as needed
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan
- Support published corporate policies
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction
What we are looking for
- Business Development Interns/Co-ops are required to be currently enrolled in Political Science, Public Administration, Nonprofit Management, Communication, Marketing, Business or a related field at an accredited technical college or university
- Familiarity with the legislative process and local and/or state officials a plus
- Valid Driver’s license
- Effective research ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding internal and external customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to self-manage and take initiative