FleishmanHillard’s Sacramento office is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time paid three-month intern position. Interns are an integral part of our team, giving participants real-life experience and skills that will help them succeed in their communications careers in the future.
Interns will work with our food, beverage and agriculture-focused client teams on their public relations and communications activities including media pitching, monitoring and reporting, social media, influencer relations, events and more.
We recognize that diversity, equity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
This full-time paid internship is 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, working pacific hours. Our program is three months long with the potential for extension or a full-time position.
- Ideal candidates will have graduated and completed college coursework in journalism, public relations, communications or related fields
- Ideal candidates would be able to join us through a hybrid model of working in-person and remote.
- Fundamental writing, research, communications and critical-thinking skills
- Prior internship experience at a public relations firm or corporate communications department and/or prior internship or school-related experience where the role involved writing, content creation, social media, etc.
- Media relations experience including media list building, pitch writing and media communication
- Ability to work easily in both large team environments and independently
- Self-starter able to manage remote working with team members across FH network
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and video/web conferencing platforms
- Interest in working with clients in the food, beverage and agriculture space
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn from our industry-leading team of counselors
FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Our award-winning agency specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, research and analytics, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We’ve been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; the Human Rights Campaign’s “ Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality; and NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for a decade. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, with a longstanding worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, alienage, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local laws.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered. If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.