Job Description & Qualifications
The trends and futuring team is looking for an individual who wants to learn about identifying trends by researching social, technological, environmental, economic and political (STEEP) factors. The work will also include researching and exploring a variety of demographic cohorts and how the values each holds can impact trends now and in the future. There will also be an opportunity to support the cascade of scenario planning tools across the Ford enterprise.
- Conduct scanning to identify and analyze trends aligning to STEEP factors while formulating a strong point of view. Develop insights for discussion with the team and application to custom Trends + Futuring initiatives.
- Champion and execute topical level research focused on demographic cohorts (generation, lifestage, aging, ethnicity, etc.) and prepare formal report summaries noting key findings for reference and to support internal knowledge sharing with cross-functional teams.
- Support scenario planning initiatives through workshop immersion while aligning to the key scenarios identified for Futuring.
- You are open-minded, curious, exploratory, iterative and optimistic.
- You are a detail oriented individual.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You enjoy a collaborative working style.
- You are able to see both the big picture and the small details, while navigating ambiguity.
- You are confident and comfortable in interdisciplinary teams where harmonious collaboration is imperative.
- You think systemically, strategically and analytically to execute decisively.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Expected completion of a Bachelor’s degree (Business, Computer Science, Strategy, Research & Analytics, Innovation, Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, Cultural Studies or other related field) by Summer 2023.
- Authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis (F-1/H-1 visa holders not considered).
- Passionate about trend exploration, demographic research and the automotive industry.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Expected completion of a Master’s program (Business, Computer Science, Strategy, Research & Analytics, Innovation, Anthropology, Sociology, Psychology, Cultural Studies or other related field) by Summer 2023.
- Working knowledge of human-centered design processes and practices.
- Work and/or education experience applying research insights to strategic plans and translating into executable actions.
- Strong interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills.
- 3-5 years of work experience prior to completion of graduate school.
- Strong business acumen and visual communication skillset (i.e. PowerPoint, Excel, Sharepoint, etc.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-interns.pdf