Forward is on a bold mission to make high-quality healthcare available to a billion people across the globe. We’re building the world’s most advanced healthcare platform from the ground up, combining hardware, software, and doctors under one roof.
Forward was founded in January 2016 by former executives and engineering leaders from Google and Uber. We are funded by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs, including Founder’s Fund, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Eric Schmidt (Google/Alphabet Chairman), Marc Benioff (Salesforce Founder), Joe Lonsdale (Palantir Founder), and Garrett Camp (Uber co-Founder).
Many industries have successfully cut out the middleman by selling directly to consumers. However, no one has ever accomplished this in healthcare—arguably the most important and personal industry to consumers—until now. We know that at the heart of our success is our team. Become a part of the growth team that is focused on bringing better health, happiness and peace of mind to consumers everywhere
Press and Videos:
Virtual Tour of Forward [YouTube]
“Healthcare is Backwards” [Medical Lead Blog Post]
‘Forward at Home’ Product Launch [TechCrunch]
“Health Moves Forward” [CEO Blog Post]
“How Forward Thinks About AI” [Engineering Blog Post]
Doctor Led Initiatives Backed By Series D Funding [TechCrunch]
We’re looking for energetic individuals to be the face of Forward, elevating our brand and creating a premier member experience. You’ll be on the sales floor running the sales cycle. You’ll build relationships, educate potential clients about Forward, and close deals. We need a highly motivated self-starter with an engaging personality who thrives in a team environment.
- Drive our sales and growth that will be critical to the success of the company.
- Close deals and drive growth with each new sign-up.
- Wear many hats – we need someone who can do many things well with little hand holding and can easily pivot as priorities shift.
- Become a Forward product expert in order to inform and educate future Forward members. And you’ll use this knowledge to create a feedback loop that will inform future Forward product developments.
- Impact-driven – You care about your impact upon the world. That means more building and less talking as you’re working toward something that has a chance to change people’s lives.
- Entrepreneurial – You’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end and makes things happen.
- User-obsessed – You are deeply empathetic, constantly putting yourself in the shoes of our members
- Competitive – You want to play the game, and you want to win. A portion of the compensation package will be variable and will reward a hard-charger.
- A Problem Solver – You’ve solved ambiguous and analytically complex problems, and are always looking for a new challenge.
- Process-oriented – You have exceptional organizational skills and enjoy building scalable operational processes
- A leader – You’re kind, collaborative and humble. Teams want to be in the trenches with you, and to build something great by your side.
- B.A. or B.S., or equivalent experience in a sales role
- A high level of ownership, confidentiality and attention to detail.
- Strong competitive drive with relentlessly high standards.
- Bold, persistent, a good listener, and persuasive.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Easily develops a comfortable rapport and establishes relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Exceptional organizational skills and great follow-through on tasks.
- 1-2 years sales or retail experience
- Solid understanding of how healthcare insurance plans function, or a willingness to learn
- Open to flexible working hours
- A passion for healthcare and a drive to bring high-quality, affordable care to a billion people
Why Join Forward?
We don’t want to just move dollars around the healthcare industry – we want to rebuild it and fix it. All of it. You’d be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and you’d work with a team of people who want to use their talents for good.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.