As an IT Audit Associate, you will partner with team members to work on a range of IT based compliance engagements. Clients include a diverse set of high-tech startups and established market leaders across various industries in and around Silicon Valley.
Candidates local to the Bay Area (who can access our San Francisco or San Jose office 1-2 days per week) are preferred, but we will also consider fully remote arrangements. We request fully remote candidates be in the Pacific, Mountain or Central times zones to easily align working hours with our Bay Area team. Remote candidates may be required to travel to the Bay Area quarterly.
We are seeking a few Associates to start now (late summer or fall 2021), but are also happy to consider candidates seeking later start dates.
Many of the Firm’s IT Audit clients are early technology companies building their products on different cloud infrastructures. We partner with them to help develop stronger compliance posture. We view our role not only as auditors but also as advisors, as much of what we do involves guiding companies regarding best practices.
Work includes IT compliance projects, including but not limited to System and Organization Controls (SOC) reporting for SOC 1 and SOC 2, ISO 27001:2013, as well as SOX ITGC audits and other IT compliance and advisory projects. This is an excellent opportunity for an entry-level candidate who has an interest in IT compliance and enthusiasm for building their skills within the profession.
Our team is built on collaboration where team members enjoy and support each other. Senior Management works closely with each Associate to facilitate learning and career growth, while ensuring expectations are clear and the team shares common goals. Associates have the opportunity to work with various clients to grow and gradually take on more complex assignments and responsibilities.
- Participate in internal control audits by assisting in planning, testing, report compilation and project administration
- Learn clients’ technical platforms, operations, processes and control environments; apply that knowledge to projects
- Test IT-related controls to determine control effectiveness and identify areas of control exceptions
- Work with engagement team to develop and communicate recommendations for process improvements
- Contribute to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members
- Proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback
- Demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks
- Minimum of 24 semester or 36 quarter units of post-secondary courses focused in IT Audit, Management Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems or Cybersecurity
- Academic units can be achieved through either a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree program, or an accredited diploma or certificate program
- 0-2 years of experience
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to pass the CISA exam
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
Please submit your resume and an unofficial copy of your college transcript(s) and/or certificate(s) via this posting to be considered for a first round interview. We also appreciate you submitting a cover letter to learn more about your interest in this opportunity and establishing your career in the Bay Area.
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or medical condition as defined in state and federal laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.