Position: Social Content Community Coordinator
Reporting to: Manager, Publicity & Social Content
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Game Show Network is looking for a Social Content Community Coordinator to join our PR and Social Content team to support Game Show Network and Sony U.S. Networks (getTV, Sony Movie Channel and Cine Sony) social platforms. This position will support marketing initiatives and social community management. This position will have the opportunity to learn more about social content creation and grow their social media skill set. The Social Content Coordinator will collaborate with various departments, including Marketing, Public Relations, and Programming, to produce, execute and analyze strategic social efforts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to…
- Serving as key day-to-day community and implementation coordinator for Game Show Network and Sony U.S. Networks across all platforms and troubleshoot issues as they arise; monitoring social channels throughout the day and during nonstandard work hours as needed.
- Listening and engaging with show followers, responsible for identifying real-time opportunities to interject in and amplify conversations.
- Working with PR and Marketing teams on messaging regarding inquiries from social media channels.
- Ensuring consistency of messages across multiple networks while making each piece of content endemic to the platform.
- Assisting with creating social content strategy calendar plans; sourcing clips, graphics and writing copy for posts; identifying holidays, talent birthdays and relevant happenings
- Creating, proofreading, and distributing daily social media content for network programming, talent and partnerships that builds meaningful connections with our audience on multiple platforms including but not limited to: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Newsletter, etc.
- Curating content that resonates with the core Game Show Network audience and introducing new ways to engage them using each platform’s unique tools.
- Creating weekly social media program status reports detailing key insights, popular content topics, community quotes and monitoring results and sharing with the team; recommending best practices/strategy approach for changing and creating effective content.
- Sourcing graphics and copy for affiliate needs.
You must have…
- Ability to master Game Show Network and/or U.S. Networks (getTV, Sony Movie Channel and Cine Sony)
- editorial voice across all platforms in line with company brand messaging
- Ability to adapt Game Show Network brand/message across talent and partnership platforms while keeping true to network and show brand/message
- Passionate about social media and growing audiences
- Good understanding of social media analytics and experience optimizing content
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter and the ability to act quickly and effectively
- Proactive in seeking information from colleagues needed to further social strategies and implementation
- Solid knowledge of pop culture and what is trending
- Strong writing and communication skills and editorial judgement
- The willingness to embody our culture of being collaborative, a self-starter, competitive, passionate, bold, distinctive, innovative, creative and able to have fun!
- Strong team orientation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- The ability to work well with others and collaborate across the organization to achieve goals
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage, prioritize, and balance multiple tasks
- Creative problem-solving skills and solution-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to details.
Required Minimum: BA/BS Degree
- 1 year experience in a similar role
- Editing social media content (video or graphics) and provide examples (handles or profiles) of professional or personal social accounts for review
- Bilingual Spanish speaking and writing a plus
As part of its commitment to employees, Game Show Network provides an industry leading benefit package, flexible work hours and a variety of personal assistance programs to help enrich your life in and out of the office.
Game Show Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage all individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.