2022 TAX DIVISION SUMMER ANALYST
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we connect people, capital and ideas to help solve problems for our clients. We are a leading global financial
services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client
base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals.
ABOUT OUR ROLES IN TAX
The primary mission of the Tax team is to ensure the firm’s compliance with the tax laws of those countries (and local jurisdictions) in which the firm conducts business and for assisting businesses in managing tax risk. Key tax functions include: 1) Providing Tax information for the firm’s financial statements; 2) Preparing/supervising the preparation of U.S. Federal, State, Local, and non-U.S. tax returns for the firm; 3) Advising the firm’s professionals on tax implications.
Principal responsibilities include assisting a team of Tax professionals to:
• Prepare Federal, State, and International Tax returns for the firm’s domestic and foreign subsidiaries.
• Interact with Controllers and other areas (i.e. Business Units, Human Resources, Technology) to obtain information required to calculate and properly report taxable income, prepare required statements and disclosures, and respond to investor requests.
• Prepare quarterly estimates of taxable income for state tax returns.
• Prepare various calculations required for ACS 740 purposes.
• Prepare other calculations used for firm-wide and investment fund planning.
• Help with other ad hoc assignments/projects.
At Goldman Sachs, we think who you are makes you better at what you do. We seek out people with all types of skills, interests and experiences. Here are some of the qualities we look for:
• Strong Analytical skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
• Communication & Interpersonal Skills
• Strong Sense of Teamwork
• Commitment to Excellence
• Intellectual Curiosity, Passion and Self-Motivation
• Integrity, Ethical Standards and Sound Judgment
• Proficiency in MS Excel and Word, comfortable learning new tax software applications
• Experience in Tax Compliance a plus
• Current full time student, pursuing a Bachelors degree in Accounting or other related fields, a graduate student pursuing a Masters degree in Accounting or Tax