BPE Procurement Specialist
Location: Akron, OH, US
Requisition ID: 90069
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
- Supports business process improvement initiatives to develop standardization and consistency across the Global Procurement footprint.
- Conducts internal assessments to define current state processes and identify opportunities for improvement and standardization.
- Supports Procurement knowledge management process via developing reporting tools.
- Supports systems and process related training initiatives for Global Procurement organization.
- Standardized Deployment of Strategic Initiatives: Supports the execution of Global Business Process Excellence strategy roadmap by leading process improvement initiatives to deliver standardization and consistency across the global Procurement footprint.
- Business Process Management: Responsible for feedback and process improvement for all reporting tools.
- Internal Stakeholder Engagement: Directly interacts with stakeholders – within and outside of Procurement – to ensure the exchange of necessary communication and feedback.
- Compliance & Reporting: Owns master data in records databases related to compliance and other key metrics related to organizational capability development.
- Building Organizational Capability: Accountable for meeting aspirational systems and processes training goals for Global Procurement organization.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or a related field desired
- 1+ years of relevant work experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Business process fundamentals
- Skills required: Organization skills, strong Microsoft Access/Excel skills and/or other database programs, a team player, strong communication skills, influence skills, self-directing, and ability to work in a very fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Skills desired: Strong financial/statistical analysis
About The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 54 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio, and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg, strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Job Segment: Procurement, Engineer, Supply, Database, Buyer, Operations, Engineering, Technology