25 Chapel Street, Suite 602, Brooklyn, New York 11201, Brooklyn, NY, US
About the Position
Graham Windham seeks an Operations Coordinator to oversee the Preventive programs to advance the Operations department strategic goals. The Operations Coordinator will support the 709 slots Preventive programs to assist with overseeing the day-to-day functions of the facilities for all three (3) boroughs and liaise with the HR, IT and Purchasing departments to ensure that operations run smoothly according to Graham and ACS policies and procedures. Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the incumbent will coordinate and monitor departmental process improvement plans as appropriate. Required to travel to all four (4) agency sites.
The Operations Coordinator will partner with the Human Resources Department to support the recruitment functions for the preventive programs (30%). S/he will aid in the development of a superior workforce and help to create an employee oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, customer service, continuous improvement and high performance.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a high capacity for developing professional relationships with the hiring team, staff and partners in the NYC and tristate area to the end of elevating the organization’s brand and presence in these areas and expanding and strengthening our pool of talent. Collaborate with hiring managers in the interview and selection process.
Duties and Responsibilities but not Limited
The Operations Coordinator’s responsibilities span, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Monitor facilities (Brooklyn; Harlem and the Bronx) maintenance and physical plant issues working with Central Administration to address and resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with team leaders, managers and department heads to learn departmental needs and goals.
- Maintains records of daily operations, as well as departmental documentation as required to fulfill operations of the Preventive programs.
- Assure all facility environments are safe, aesthetic and conducive for staff and families.
- Manage vehicle log for Preventive usage.
- Coordinate Program purchasing with central administration Purchasing Department.
- Manage all program purchase requisitions and prepare invoices for payments
- Prepare consultant contracts ensure contracts are in line with budget.
- Track and monitor all IT equipment for staff (i.e. Laptops, Cell Phones etc.).
- Coordinate with MIS/IT needs and work with central IT department to assist in resolving issues MIS/IT tracking tickets etc.
- Collaborate with Central Operations and IT on projects as assigned.
- Work with outside vendors, consultants, agencies or resources as required.
- Manage all Preventive Programs case records closure tracking system and send to storage in a timely fashion and retrieve as needed for auditing
Recruitment and Selection:
- Work closely with the preventive department heads and hiring managers to compose and monitor job descriptions.
- Conduct initial applicant screenings and review resumes of potential candidates, ensuring compliance with employment requirements and labor laws
- Initiate and conduct reference check via the online reference check tool, SkillSurvey
- Maintain reporting data for staff vacancies and hires
- Coordinate with directors to schedule interviews and conduct follow-ups with potential candidates.
- Process pre-hire packets to submit to Operations Manager for review and submission to VP.
- Compile monthly management reports, analyzing and projecting vacancies in programs.
- Planning and organizing Family back to school and Holiday events, in collaboration with the Development team.
- Track Preventive staff roster for equipment and training and provide monthly report to the team.
- Liaise internally with ACS and OCFS for staff training via STARS database.
- Coordinate training for the division in collaboration with senior management team.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of three (3) years of direct experience in Operations. Human Resources experience a plus.
- Strong Computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- At least one (3) year of experience working directly with families and children.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to plan and deliver high quality work within deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively on a team with peers and across programs
- Ability to successfully manage several projects simultaneously in fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under stress
- Ability to take directions and respond appropriately in a crisis situation;
- Ability to respond to telephones and other auditory stimulation
- Ability to work well with people diverse cultures including recent immigrants, non-English speakers; and LGBTQ children, youth parents and parents
Commensurate with Experience
Graham is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are invited to apply. Graham Windham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.