For one year, get paid to build sustainable solutions in a community, gain valuable hands on experience and prepare for your future. This full-time AmeriCorps service position offers a great opportunity to make a real impact in the lives of others while building your own knowledge and skillset. AmeriCorps VISTA members are Volunteers in Service to America who perform indirect service to build capacity and sustainability solutions.
Habitat for Humanity has multiple Volunteer Services Development VISTA positions available across the United States. Click apply to see all the locations where we are hiring.
What will you do?
The volunteer services development VISTA member creates, documents and implements a plan for volunteer recruitment, scheduling and recognition in order to increase the number of volunteers and improve the overall volunteer experience. Explore current volunteer programs and resources and identify best practices. This may include focusing engagement and outreach with specific groups, such as youth or veterans.
Research, develop and document:
- A volunteer recruitment plan, including targeting local faith organizations, school groups, civic groups and other community organizations.
- Systems to schedule volunteers and track volunteer hours.
- A volunteer training and evaluation plan that will ensure all volunteers have the skills needed to perform their roles successfully and where mutual feedback can be given.
- A volunteer recognition plan.
Benefits of AmeriCorps service
- Annual living allowance range from $15,000 to $30,000, determined by the service location; most locations are on the lower end of this range.
- Segal Education Award of $6,345, upon successful completion of service.
- Health benefits and enrollment in Employee Assistance Plan.
- Ten personal and 10 medical leave days.
- Possible forbearance or deferment of qualified student loans.
- Child care benefits, if you qualify.
- Noncompetitive eligibility status for federal employment for one year after successful completion of service.
- Relocation travel assistance for members relocating more than 50 miles to serve.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident at least 18 or older and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity International and AmeriCorps.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Experience working as a member of a team.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Current valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and reliable transportation.
Megan Young, Applicant Engagement Sr Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org; 800-422-4828 x5034