A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
As the Accountant for the North America Consumer Audio organization, you will be responsible for applying principles of accounting to perform a variety of functions in accordance with standard procedures in general accounting and general ledger maintenance as well as supporting both FP&A and Accounting teams.
You will report to the Finance Manager.
What You Will Do
- Prepares and posts monthly entries to ensure that financial reports reflect the condition of the business and provide reliable information to support operations.
- Complete monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis to ensure accurate financial statements are being reported.
- Supports FP&A and Accounting teams with the following activities:
- Open purchase requisitions in ARIBA and follow up with approvers.
- Process GR’s (goods receipt) in SAP.
- Assign cost centers and GL accounts to non-PO invoices in SAP.
- Work closely with Financial Shared Service Center in Hungary addressing procure-to-pay topics (PR’s, PO’s, invoices, rush payments, vendor inquiries, etc.)
- Pull adhoc data from SAP/BI/BW and assist on reporting activities.
- Gather and submit documents to Internal and External Audit.
- Submit daily sales reports to Sales and Operations teams.
- Assists with monthly, quarterly and year-end audit schedules submitted through BPC for corporate financial reporting requirements.
- Assists with completing schedules for the annual corporate tax package.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly and trended spending reports for the functional departments
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related degree
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Problem solving skills
- Team oriented
What is Nice to Have
- SAP experience is strongly preferred
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 5%, domestic and international travel
- Be willing to work in an office in Northridge, CA
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
What We Offer
- Competitive wellness benefits
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work-life integration
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities
- On-site opportunities to focus on personal well-being and development provided by our Wellness Committee, Volunteer Committee and Harman Women’s Network
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies and extensive course catalog
- Opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the world
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN products (JBL, Harman/Kardon, etc.)
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)