Focus. Clarity. Commitment.
HCVT is a highly specialized professional services firm providing tax, audit, business management, mergers and acquisitions, and valuation services to private and public companies, business owners, high net worth individuals, and family offices across select industry niches.
At HCVT, we are different. We are a team driven by our values—Integrity at our Core, Building Success Together, and a Passion for Excellence. Our focus and commitment are on the needs of our clients and our team. Clarifying and resolving complex issues is what we do. How we do it is what sets us apart from other CPA firms.
As part of the HCVT team, you will work in a fast-paced environment. Our culture is all about collaboration, teamwork, giving back to our communities, and partner access and accountability. We also believe that there is no one way to progress in your career. We are flexible and embrace diversity. We provide our team members the right tools to be successful with a continual focus on technical training, as well as other skills necessary to thrive in the world of public accounting. Join HCVT and Move Forward – Your Way!
Service Desk Support Technician is responsible for identifying, researching, and resolving technical issues. Key responsibilities involve responding to technical support tickets from our staff submitted via the firm’s service desk ticketing system, as well as documenting tickets to ensure a timely resolution.
As a Service Desk Technician, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Interface with users, identify and resolve problems, escalate unresolved trouble tickets as appropriate, and track tickets
- Install, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot computers and peripheral equipment
- Install, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot various applications in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Utilize the firm service desk ticket system (SolarWinds) by inputting, updating, and closing tickets
- Provide basic IT training to end users as needed
- Participate in various IT related projects as needed
- Be available on a regular rotation to handle after-hours support tickets (with overtime pay)
- Continue professional development of skills
To be successful, these are the skills, qualifications, and experience we are looking for:
- At least six months of end-user support or related experience either in a paid or volunteer program
- Working knowledge of computer hardware and other peripherals
- Working knowledge of Windows 10
- Working knowledge of Office 365
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat DC
- Working knowledge of basic network fundamentals including, but not limited to TCP, DNS and DHCP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to logically define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Be responsive with an appropriate level of urgency
- Work on multiple tasks simultaneously with regular interruptions
- Complete tasks effectively within a set timeframe
- Actively look for ways to help the end user and team members
- Ability to work overtime and weekends, if necessary
- Ability to travel to our other offices, under special circumstances.
- Ability to accept directions, follow and apply specific IT policies, and work directly with other members from the IT department
- Be a team player and be motivated to advance and grow
The ordinance requires employers to state, in all job solicitations, postings and advertisements, that the employer will consider applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative.
Connect with us: