Holder Construction, an Atlanta based commercial construction company with operations throughout the United States, is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Safety Coordinator to join our project teams.
· Assist with executing our safety strategy and zero accident culture on the project(s)
· Monitoring daily construction activities for compliance with OSHA and company rules/policies
· Implement the project’s safety program
· Teach onsite safety classes including fall protection, excavation & confined space, scaffolding, electrical, OSHA-10 and OSHA-30 hour
Requirements for this position include:
· Formal safety training in the construction industry and training in scaffolding, crane management, steel erection, emergency response, fall management, excavation and confined space, rigging, hazardous waste and NFPDS/erosion control
· Ability to identify and correct safety deficiencies in the field
· Possess excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels in a construction environment
· Candidate must also be proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Experience with a general contractor preferred
· Ideal candidate will also have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Safety Management and professional safety certifications (e.g. CSP, CHSP).
We are a performance-based company with an excellent career development program which provides our associates a great opportunity to increase role/responsibilities quickly. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package which includes health, life, dental, vision, flexible spending program, long term disability, family paid time off and a 401(k) retirement plan.
For additional information regarding our company and to apply for this position visit our website: www.holderconstruction.com
Please note that Holder Construction does not sponsor anyone for immigration benefits or immigration status.
Holder is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.
Substance abuse testing is a condition of employment.