At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is seeking a curious and creative undergraduate or graduate student to join the Research organization’s Platform team as a Digital Analytics Intern during Summer 2022 (3 months commitment).The Platform team is responsible for designing, delivering and optimizing the IBM Research public website. The website is one of the primary channels used to showcase who we are and what we do, in order to position us as the leading innovation partner among key audiences: technology decision-makers and influencers. The team partners closely with colleagues in other functional areas such as design, content, brand marketing, and research.
You will be expected to support an analytics project that focuses on a specific objective, such as website audience growth, engagement or retention. You will collaborate closely with the Analytics Lead and other members of the Research organization.
Your responsibilities may include:
• Consulting with team members to understand how data could more effectively inform their work
• Gathering and synthesizing website audience and clickstream data from myriad sources
• Leveraging data analysis and data visualization techniques to assess how the website attracts, engages and retains users
• Developing data-driven hypotheses about what is performing well or not well
• Identifying potential solutions and making recommendations on how to improve performance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• You have demonstrated skills in organizing, analyzing, and visualizing data in spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets)
• You can effectively communicate your ideas with different types of stakeholders
• You have an appreciation for user experience and search engine optimization best practices
• You are actively pursuing a graduate degree or an undergraduate degree (December 2022 or May 2023 graduation) in a business-related field including, but not limited to, marketing, data science, statistics, computer science
Candidates must be willing to work in Yorktown Heights, NY.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Proficiency with Google Analytics or similar website analytics tool
• Proficiency with BrightEdge or similar SEO/content insights tool
• Knowledgeable on database design and proficiency with retrieving data using SQL
• Proficiency with Tableau or similar data visualization tool