As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Associate Developer, you’ll help design, develop, and integrate solutions using best practice technologies, tools, techniques, and products our clients demand today. You’ll work with clients, co-creating solutions to major real-world challenges by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment.Work you could do as an Associate Developer:
IBM provides a variety of solutions to clients and our specialized teams serve these needs. As a result, the specific work and technologies vary by the team you may be joining. Below is a list of the types of work Associate Developers do.
- Work in an Agile environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
- Employ IBM’s Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability.
- Work with a variety of relational databases (SQL, Postgres, DB2, MongoDB), operating systems (Linux, Windows, iOS, Android), and modern UI frameworks (Backbone.js, AngularJS, React, Ember.js, Bootstrap, and JQuery).
- Work across the entire system architecture, from backend to front end, to design, develop, and support high quality, scalable products and interfaces.
- Create everything from mockups and UI components to algorithms and data structures as you deliver a viable product.
Washington, DC Metro Area
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Have flexibility to work across architecture – building both front end and backend.
- Have knowledge of application and web development in HTML and CSS.
- Have knowledge of modern UI frameworks such as Angular.js and React.
- Work in Java to implement server-side or application logic, develop databases, and design architectures.
- Have exposure to Cloud – AWS, Azure, Google Could or IBM Cloud.
- Have work experience or internship in corporate development environment.
- Willingness to travel up to 100% of the time.
Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Computer Engineering (if demonstrated strong current language programming experience)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Design Thinking Methodology.
- Have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Agile development methodology.
- Experience in following a structure methodology.
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner.
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability and assimilate different points of view.