CITY OF LOS ANGELES
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Student Worker Job Opportunity – HUMAN RESOURCES
The City of Los Angeles’ Information Technology Agency (ITA) is seeking resumes for a Student Worker position (to be filled immediately). This is a great opportunity for talented and highly motivated individuals who are in the process of completing their education to gain experience for a professional career related to Human Resources (HR).
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assists HR division staff with various administrative and clerical tasks.
- Processes incoming and outgoing section mail and receives and distributes faxes.
- Assists in filing paperwork into employee folders.
- Assists in coordination of employee evaluations for the department.
- Assists analysts with the interview process, which includes collecting resumes/applications, scheduling candidate interviews, and preparing interview packets for raters.
- Assists with updating and maintaining various HR logs.
- Processes HR Consolidation Records transactions via Google Forms.
This position is open to freshman or sophomore undergraduate students currently enrolled in a community college or accredited four-year college or university that have the following qualifications:
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, and basic computer skills.
– Good communication and customer service skills.
– Prior office support experience is desired.
The rate of pay is $16.10 an hour. Please note that this position is not a permanent civil service position with the City of Los Angeles. Therefore, the position is not eligible for any employee benefits.
Note: This is an exempt, at-will position. The individual appointed to this position will not accrue civil service tenure, contractual employment rights, or due process rights. The incumbent may be removed, without any finding of cause, by the hiring authority. Upon hire, selected candidate must show proof of identity and legal right to work in the United States.
Working hours are expected to fall between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Student Worker is expected to work a regular schedule of 16-20 hours per week. Estimated start date: ASAP.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume with a cover letter describing their specific experience/skills as they relate to this position description as soon as possible, but no later than noon on Friday, December 3, 2021, by email to email@example.com. In the subject line, please reference “Student Worker – HR”. The filing period may close early if a sufficient number of resumes are received. Screening may also be conducted to select the most qualified candidates.