University Hiring Program Eligibility Requirements:
· University Enrollment: Must be currently enrolled in and returning to an accredited degree-seeking academic program in the Fall.
· Internship Work Period: Must be available to work full-time (approximately 40 hours per week) during a 10-12 week period starting May or June. Specific start dates are shared during the recruiting process.
At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position: We aim to make applying convenient for you! If you are enrolled in a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree program, apply to this posting and it will ensure you are considered for the relevant openings for Summer 2022. The recruiting timeline for each specific role does vary, so we appreciate your patience as we consider your application throughout the recruiting season. Please keep in mind the following:
· We recommend that you apply early, before spots begin to fill
· Each role is different, so ensure your resume is comprehensive to your skills, experience, education & training
· You may receive an invite to apply for a specific opening
· You can expect final status on your application in April and we’ll consider your application until then
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Developing and/or evaluating complex embedded systems
• Communicating and collaborating with multiple teams and stakeholders to provide updates and provide task deliverables.
• Work on substantive projects that have the potential to impact the future business of the company
• Presenting the projects they have been involved with and lessons learned to the organization
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
• Current enrollment in a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree-seeking program at the Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate level
• Enthusiasm and passion for medical device technology
• Experience with robots or electro-mechanical devices is preferred
• Experience with real-time, multi-tasking, embedded operating
• Ability to work well in a team environment
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.