What you will do
The Communications intern is responsible for supporting the Milwaukee-based communications team. The intern will develop and edit content, manage collaboration sites as well as assist with various communication initiatives and programs.
How you will do it:
- Think strategically and thrive in a fast-paced environment requiring a high level of time management and attention to detail.
- Support the Communications team as we manage internal communications in alignment with our company strategy.
- Support day-to-day communication activities including copy writing, proofreading skills, attending, and participating in meetings.
- Accurately distribute employee communications via our approved distribution channels and tools.
- Because you have an eye for aesthetic, creatively build and manage our collaboration sites and platforms. (Yammer, SharePoint, etc.)
- Support employee or leadership event content and logistics planning.
- Assist in measuring and analyzing data from our intranet, mass messaging tools and digital dashboard.
What we look for
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. college or university
- Undergraduate junior or senior (with at least two semesters of school remaining) in pursuit of a degree in a Communications-related field.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and active listening skills.
- Strong analytical skillset with the ability to lead and provide feedback.
- Strong project management skills and pronounced attention to detail.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven news-style writing and editing experience/AP style.
- Able to work well virtually, within a team environment and independently on projects.
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S.
- Candidates must be willing to work 15-20 hours per week throughout school year and full time in the summer.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.