What you will do
Johnson Controls (JCI) is building a program to create internal startups. We’re looking for interns to play key roles in the creation of these new businesses.
As a member of a small team in a fast-paced startup environment, you will play a vital role in the development and commercialization of novel software-based products for emerging market opportunities. You will make foundational contributions to the design, development, and testing of scalable software applications. Your involvement with projects and initiatives will directly impact our strategic operations and business growth.
Johnson Controls invites you to apply for a position in our internship program which functions remotely during the Covid-19 crisis. The program is designed to provide you with a positive work/training experience and challenging objectives that are consistent with your career goals and current level of education; specific identified internship responsibilities are outlined below.
This position is eligible for remote work except in the state of Colorado with an opportunity to extend long-term.
How you will do it
- Conduct Agile planning meetings with the team to prioritize new features and work break down schedules
- Lead the cross-development activities from design and implementation to testing and support activities
- Mentor junior developers within the team and provide code review guidance
- Develop new products in a fast paced, team-oriented Agile environment
What we look for
- Currently Enrolled in a graduate degree program or a senior in an undergraduate program.
- Experience with large-scale distributed software development in hybrid cloud infrastructures and on-premise environments
- Experience in Web development using front-end frameworks such as Angular, React or similar technologies
- Knowledge of adaptive and responsive web designs across Browser and Mobile form factors
- Experience with containerization, Kubernetes deployment models, ELK Stack and monitoring frameworks (Prometheus, statsd, OpenTelemetry)
- Experience with Secure Software Development Lifecycle processes and Agile Development methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with advanced software development practices and Test-Driven Software Development methodologies
- Solid knowledge of software algorithms and associated design patterns Strong development experience in NodeJS, JAVA, or .NET
- Experience with the major cloud PaaS Services, SaaS services, and reference architectural design patterns
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to develop code for usability, performance and scalability Experience with version control and industry best practices for CI/CD processes
- Expert in REST API and GraphQL Design and Implementation practices including the use of API Management Frameworks
- Proven design skills, architecture experience, and communication skills
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.