Why Work at Lenovo
Here at Lenovo, we believe in smarter technology for all, so we spend our time building a society that’s brighter and more inclusive.
And we go big. No, not big—huge.
We’re not just a Fortune Global 500 company, we’re one of Fortune’s Most Admired. We’re in 180 markets, working with 63,000 brilliant colleagues and counting. And we’re known for the world’s most complete portfolio of smart technology, from devices to software to infrastructure.
With our ingenuity, we help millions—not just the select few—experience our version of a smarter future.
The one thing that’s missing? Well… you…
Description and Requirements
Do you enjoy writing and editing communications that engage and inspire employees? Do you have experience crafting messages for a variety of channels, including virtual events, videos, in-person keynotes and executive emails? Do your strengths include attention to detail, tactical implementation and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment? If this sounds like you, we may have an opportunity for you on our global communications team.
Lenovo is seeking an internal communications specialist to support its Mobile Business Group, which includes the Motorola smartphone brand. This professional will collaborate with all areas of the Mobile business to help implement broad communication strategies, which will engage employees, drive awareness and celebrate success. In addition, they will drive initiatives to socialize the company’s brand purpose and ignite a culture of advocacy. The role includes supporting internal communications programs across channels, including intranet, videos, town halls, emails, and more. This individual will also support Lenovo’s PCSD business on a variety of writing, editing and tactical projects. Motorola and its parent company Lenovo offer a dynamic, fast-paced environment where people collaborate, innovative, and inspire.
To succeed in this role, we are seeking a candidate with the following skill sets:
* Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field
* 1 – 3+ years of corporate communications experience, either on the agency side or in-house
* Excellent writer, with a track record of supporting executive messaging, video scripts, presentation content, etc.
* A multitasker with top notch editing and proofreading skills and an ability to craft a concise narrative that engages the audience
* Ability to manage internal employee events and set agendas for town halls, kick offs, etc.
* Bilingual in Chinese is a plus
* This role is based in Motorola’s Chicago headquarters and reports to Lenovo’s Intelligent Devices Group Internal Comms Director.
* Some travel will be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.