The Marketing Product Manager is a versatile and dynamic individual who can balance creativity and innovation with analytical thinking. Working within our Marketing department to develop segmentation-based strategies and assist in the successful introduction, curation, and lifecycle of savings and loan products. He or she must be able to conduct actionable primary and secondary research, analyze results, recognize opportunities, create solutions, and eloquently present recommendations and conclusions to our executive team. The Marketing Product Manager must be able to view products as standalone components as well as elements within the context of a member’s overall relationship with the Credit Union, retention, profitability, bundled products, and loyalty programs as we seek to grow our membership base while adding value and deepening relationships with existing members. He or she will work closely with our Operations department to understand what is possible from staffing, systems, regulatory, and procedural perspectives, and with our Finance department to examine product feasibility and performance from a financial needs perspective. He or she will also work with third-party providers to obtain supplemental data, monitor markets and competitors, and monitor/forecast consumer and technology trends.
Essential Duties: A successful Marketing Product Manager must spend over 50% of work time on, and satisfactorily perform, these general categories of duties:
- Obtain feedback directly from Credit Union members/prospective members.
- Recommend and develop new products and services/recommend and develop existing product enhancements that fulfill the needs of our members and support the Credit Union’s strategic direction.
- Assist the Marketing department with development and design of sales strategies, marketing campaigns, promotions, systems, and collateral.
- Work closely with the Operations department to determine mechanical, infrastructure, and implementation needs.
- Involvement in new product launches, relaunch of existing products.
- Involvement in reviewing and reporting on performance of products post-launch, and throughout product lifecycle.
- Possess deep understanding and awareness of industry, consumer, competitor, and technology offerings and trends.
- Obtain and analyze data from third parties, including direct competitors, using data collected to provide deep analytics and recommendations related to the Credit Union’s products/services
- Work closely with Finance department on product pricing strategies.
- Make frequent presentations to internal departments, including the executive team, regarding market trends and necessary product adjustments. Ability to present to all levels of the organization.
- Maintain expertise in, and documentation of, all Credit Union products.
- Advise management of opportunities in additional verticals.
- Align products strategy with the needs and betterment of our members and the Credit Union’s strategic goals. Manage product lifecycle and lead related projects, where appropriate.
Additional Duties: Less than half the working time is spent on related, non-essential functions, including:
- Provide support at miscellaneous on-site and off-site marketing events as needed.
- Additional miscellaneous tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Working overtime, nights, and weekends as needed.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, and Marketing, or commensurate work experience. – Master’s degree preferred.
- At least three years of banking industry experience in a similar role, or commensurate work experience
- General knowledge banking industry operations, regulations, strategies, systems, etc.
- Significant experience with conducting primary and secondary research.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience leading a small team, whether directly or indirectly, preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- If driving for company business, must have a valid California driver’s license and proof of current insurance coverage.
- Expertise with Excel, data visualization tools, analytics, modeling tools, etc.
Established in 1936, Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union has won numerous regional and national “Best Places to Work” awards and offers highly competitive salary and benefits packages.
We’re a not-for-profit organization founded upon the principle of “people helping people.” We provide banking services, but we’re not a bank. Rather than being privately owned or owned by investors, we’re a cooperative that answers to our members.
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for the Los Angeles law enforcement community. Our mindset is continuous learning, improvement, and innovation.
Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union (LAPFCU) is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.