Marcum LLP is one of the largest independent public accounting and advisory services firms in the United States. Headquartered in New York City, Marcum LLP offers the resources of over 2,600 professionals, including more than 260 partners, in over 30 full-service offices in major business markets throughout the U.S., Ireland, Grand Cayman and China.
We are looking for Tax Interns to join our beautiful Los Angeles or Costa Mesa office. Interns can choose to work part-time (around their school schedule) or full-time.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare federal and state corporate, individual, and partnership returns
- Research tax issues and legislation
- Reconciliation of book to tax income
- Analyze depreciation methods
- Assist in tax planning and projections
- Accept and respond to mentor feedback
- Pursuing or received BA/BS/MS in Accounting or similar field; high school degree required
- Eligible to sit for the CPA exam upon graduation
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and technology capabilities
- Ability to travel to clients if needed
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment; Marcum LLP will not provide sponsorship for this position, including training under F1 OPT and CPT
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, hair, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classifications under the law.
Marcum LLP will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to the Fair Chance Ordinance.