With fifty years of consecutive growth, Medline has more than 25,000 employees worldwide and business in more than 90 countries. Recently named one of the nation’s “Best and Brightest Companies to Work for,” Medline has a new, state-of-the-art corporate headquarters in Northfield, IL, just north of Chicago. To maintain this enviable position and continue our growth, we are looking for new talent, like you!
Medline offers entry level candidates the ability to take ownership and make an impact from the start. In addition to the role, Medline will provide you with learning, networking, and social opportunities throughout your career through training programs and fun events.
The goal of the Associate Product Manager position is to expose you to all areas of the business, including product development, marketing, global sourcing, sales, negotiation, quality assurance, operations, and financial strategies.
The challenging responsibilities of the position include:
- Assist in the development and launch of new product lines and/or product improvements; tasks may include market research, existing line extensions, new product development, collateral creation and pricing.
- Assist in creating and delivering training programs for sales reps and follow up with them to ensure timely and efficient field support. May deliver training to sales reps.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop promotional pieces and design packaging
- Develop and run reports that summarize and analyze marketing promotional results.
- Work with Inventory Management to ensure proper stock levels and service level goals are met
- Assess product samples against desired specifications, develop production plans and manufacturing forecasts, and evaluate vendors by working with Quality, sourcing resources and product managers.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum 3.0 GPA preferred, senior standing
- Previous experience with product management / marketing or sales is preferred
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication and follow-up skills
- Excellent presentation skills for large and small groups
- Must have strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have a bias toward action and be results oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Unrestricted permanent US work authorization
- Travel required 25% of the time