With fifty years of consecutive growth, Medline has more than 25,000 employees worldwide and business in more than 90 countries. Recently named one of the nation’s “Best and Brightest Companies to Work for,” this position is based out of our manufacturing site in Waukegan, IL. To maintain this enviable position and continue our growth, we are looking for new talent, like you!
Medline is seeking highly talented and career-minded professionals who will begin employment within the Supply Chain Analyst Rotational Program (SCARP). SCARP is a two year program in which analysts complete about three rotations prior to graduating into a regular position of greater responsibility. SCARP focuses on further developing and growing analysts into well-rounded business professionals through gaining strong, foundational education and training in Supply Chain. SCARP is a highly visible program, supported by senior leaders of Medline Supply Chain.
During the two year program, analysts will rotate through various Supply Chain departments such as Demand Planning, Production Planning, Inventory Management, Logistics, Master Data, and Analytics. The analysts will be assigned a SCARP mentor who will counsel them throughout the program.
The SCARP program offers extensive training through each rotation that focuses on the development of analysts’ core competencies such as leadership, communication, and problem solving, as well as technical competencies in the context of Medline such as supply planning, data analysis, and financial planning. SCARP also has a robust performance management process focused on continuous development.
Graduates of SCARP are expected to take future leadership positions within the company as they advance their careers.
The challenging responsibilities of the position include:
- Performs complex analysis of information, problems, and/or data and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Tracks, monitors and measures the benefit of implemented solutions for complex issues.
- Proactively communicates perceived risks and recommendations to mitigate to leadership.
- Produces metrics involving complex issues.
- Develops, analyzes and disseminates moderately complex reports.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships to work collaboratively. Shares knowledge with the team.
- Resolves complex issues.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Recommends streamlined processes and process improvements to more senior staff members. Assists in driving change as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, industrial engineering, or related field
- Senior standing with a 3.0 minimum GPA preferred
- Previous experience in supply chain, operations, or related field
- Strong analytical ability
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, Macros, regression analysis)
- Experience collaborating with teams and presenting to groups
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
- Data analytical tools (SQL, R, Python, SAS, MS Access) preferred
- Unrestricted permanent US work authorization