At MGO we do a lot more than crunch numbers and prepare filings. Our approach leverages input from throughout our organization – giving everyone a voice and an opportunity to make an impact. Utilizing a state-of-the-art technology platform, we go beyond the numbers to provide invaluable financial and operational insight to a diverse array of dynamic clients – from enduring institutions to disruptive start-ups.
By delivering strategic guidance with a personal touch, we are reshaping ideas of what a CPA firm is capable of – and give our professionals the support to self-determine the path their career takes.
Did you meet us at your school’s most recent networking event such as Meet the Firms, Mixer or Job Fair? Look no further! MGO is looking to add Assurance / Audit Interns starting in Summer 2022 with our Bay Area team! This position would be performing day-today auditing functions for clients.
- Complete assigned tasks/jobs.
- Learn the growth process (identify and communicate growth).
- Identify and help solve engagement (job) technical issues, anomalies, non-routine items.
- Collaborate and communicate with client and team members in a professional manner.
- Assist in the execution of audit procedures. Perform various duties such as understanding routine data processes, testing controls, and performing substantive procedures. Analyze evidence, prepare written communications, participate in one-on-one and small group discussions with other engagement team members, and interact with client personnel.
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the client’s environment. Maintain a strong client focus, be responsive to client requests, and develop/maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Demonstrate teamwork, integrity, and accountability. Assist and collaborate with team members. Contribute ideas/opinions to teams and listen/respond to other views.
- Learn to utilize audit software.
- Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the engagement objectives, client’s engagement history, and planned audit approach.
- Understand the rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA.
- Become familiar with pronouncements of the FASB, PCAOB, AICPA, and when assigned to governmental engagements, the GAO, OMB, and GASB.
- Become familiar at preparing financial statements.
- Contribute ideas/opinions to the audit teams and listen/respond to other team members’ views.
- Demonstrate an approachable, professional and competent demeanor in the client’s environment.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience in accounting with sufficient course work to achieve CPA certification.
- Minimum completion of junior year in undergraduate program (preferred).
- 0 years’ experience in a public accounting firm.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work a minimum 20 hours per week during summer, options to extend internships into school semesters may be available.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
Why work for MGO?
MGO’s professionals take a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to accounting, financial and advisory services. Our teams collaborate across internal functions and service lines to build institutional knowledge, formulate insight, and deliver efficiencies that make a difference – not only in the marketplace, but in the lives of our clients and team members. That’s why we value characteristics like teamwork, communication, creativity, and leadership when building our teams.
We are growing fast and new opportunities emerge every day. If you’re not afraid of pushing the status quo, MGO offers a supportive setting where you can take control of your career while still enjoying the mentorship to develop new skills in an environment where you thrive.