At MGO we do a lot more than crunch numbers and prepare filings. Our approach leverages input from throughout our organization – giving everyone a voice and an opportunity to make an impact. Utilizing a state-of-the-art technology platform, we go beyond the numbers to provide invaluable financial and operational insight to a diverse array of dynamic clients – from enduring institutions to disruptive start-ups.
By delivering strategic guidance with a personal touch, we are reshaping ideas of what a CPA firm is capable of – and give our professionals the support to self-determine the path their career takes.
MGO is growing, and we are looking for a motivated, hardworking and dynamic entry level Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) Associate to join the team in our Bay Area offices starting in 2022! Working along with the other staff and management to assist with the day-to-day accounting functions/services (GL, AP, AR, and Payroll) for clients.
Core Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Performs the daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly accounting activities for the assigned client(s).
- Identify and help solve engagement (client) technical issues, anomalies, non-routine items.
- Assists with accounting software implementation or upgrades, for clients and firm staff.
- Provides direct reconciliation of monthly statements, monthly closing, preparation of monthly financial statements, reconciliation and maintenance of balance sheet accounts for clients.
- Prepares financial reports, and analyses of accounts as requested.
- Prepares for and coordinates accounting during a client audit process.
- Books journal entries.
- Assist tax department with tax return preparation.
- Assists with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Directs and/or prepares sales tax and annual local business tax.
- Directs and/or prepare 1099’s, W2’s, and Payroll Tax Reports.
- Provides technical accounting training as needed to the clients through web meetings or in person.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- 1 -2 years of accounting experience including GL, AP, AR, reconciliations.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to excellent client service, flexibility, and the ability to manage constantly shifting priorities with professionalism.
- Willingness to learn how to use a variety of accounting and auditing software and systems.
Why work for MGO?
MGO’s professionals take a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to accounting, financial and advisory services. Our teams collaborate across internal functions and service lines to build institutional knowledge, formulate insight, and deliver efficiencies that make a difference – not only in the marketplace, but in the lives of our clients and team members. That’s why we value characteristics like teamwork, communication, creativity, and leadership when building our teams.
We are growing fast and new opportunities emerge every day. If you’re not afraid of pushing the status quo, MGO offers a supportive setting where you can take control of your career while still enjoying the mentorship to develop new skills in an environment where you thrive.