At MGO we do a lot more than crunch numbers and prepare filings. Our approach leverages input from throughout our organization – giving everyone a voice and an opportunity to make an impact. Utilizing a state-of-the-art technology platform, we go beyond the numbers to provide invaluable financial and operational insight to a diverse array of dynamic clients – from enduring institutions to disruptive start-ups.
By delivering strategic guidance with a personal touch, we are reshaping ideas of what a CPA firm is capable of – and give our professionals the support to self-determine the path their career takes.
Did you meet us at your school’s most recent networking event such as Meet the Firms, Mixer or Job Fair? Look no further! MGO is looking to add Tax Interns (Jan 2022 – Apr 2022) for our Orange County team! You have the opportunity to learn and develop technical skills in order to prep and execute returns of all kinds and industries. Performs day-to-day tax functions for clients.
Core Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Complete assigned tasks / jobs.
- Learn the growth process (identify and communicate growth).
- Identify and help solve engagement (job) technical issues, anomalies, non-routine items.
- Collaborate and communicate with team members in a professional manner.
- Working in a team-based environment to perform tax-related tasks for a variety of firm clients.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments of varying sizes and complexity within given timeframe and budget.
- Prepare account reconciliations and journal entries related to tax accruals.
- Prepares various types of state and federal tax returns.
- Develop an understanding of Firm policies, processes, and procedures.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience in accounting with sufficient course work to achieve CPA certification.
- Minimum completion of junior year in undergraduate program (preferred).
- 0 years’ experience in a public accounting firm.
- Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Accounting Software (Preferred).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
Why work for MGO?
MGO’s professionals take a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to accounting, financial and advisory services. Our teams collaborate across internal functions and service lines to build institutional knowledge, formulate insight, and deliver efficiencies that make a difference – not only in the marketplace, but in the lives of our clients and team members. That’s why we value characteristics like teamwork, communication, creativity, and leadership when building our teams.
We are growing fast and new opportunities emerge every day. If you’re not afraid of pushing the status quo, MGO offers a supportive setting where you can take control of your career while still enjoying the mentorship to develop new skills in an environment where you thrive.