Are you curious about a career in wealth management or financial services but not sure where to begin? Are you interested in learning more about how people manage their personal finances? Have you wondered how people plan for retirement? Do you enjoy helping others work towards accomplishing their goals? If even one of these questions resonated with you, our summer internship program is a great place to start! With Morgan Stanley and the Virtual Client Solutions Summer Professional Internship (SPI), you have the opportunity to learn about different career paths in wealth management, all while contributing to a growing organization. After an in-person training orientation, you will spend your internship learning the wealth management business directly from our Financial Advisors and Service Associates and participating in development programs with business leaders. To wrap up your internship experience, you will build a final presentation on a key strategic initiative within the Virtual Client Solutions organization. This program is designed to give you the tools you will need to be successful after your graduation.
Morgan Stanley’s Virtual Client Solutions (VCS) organization applies an innovative approach to traditional Wealth Management and Corporate Client servicing. Our Financial Advisors, Service Professionals and management teams deliver multi-platform support via full-service retail, self-directed, and stock plan initiatives in order to provide tailored solutions to our clients. Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do and are instrumental in helping our clients’ reach their personal financial goals – and VCS is committed to attracting and hiring the future leaders of tomorrow.
The Summer Professional Internship (SPI) is a competitive, full-time 10-week program focused on providing you with practical business experience, leadership skills and exposure to senior leaders across Morgan Stanley. Throughout the 10 weeks, our Summer Professional Interns are immersed in the Morgan Stanley culture and atmosphere through project assignments, networking opportunities and peer social events or engagements. Our Interns work side by side with our employees as team members who are encouraged to share their unique perspectives and innovative ideas. You will be an integral part of a fast-paced, global team located across four countries and eight major cities working together to provide a high standard of care to clients and participants around the world. Do you want to learn more about Financial Services in a hands-on, collaborative and inclusive setting? Apply to the Virtual Client Solutions Internship today! Please note the SPI is a competitively compensated opportunity.
Who is the Right Candidate?
- You are excited to learn more about Morgan Stanley’s vision and mission and why we are a top Financial Institution in the world
- You are interested in leading and expressing exceptional ideas
- You have a commitment to learning and understanding new perspectives – with a focus on our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- You are passionate about giving back to your community. We will invite you to volunteer with us during our global volunteer month
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are a proven team player who takes initiative and works collaboratively
- You are interested in completing the FINRA SIE Exam, with support from our dedicated training teams
What you need to succeed
- You are a rising Senior with an expected graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- All majors (disciplines) are encouraged to apply; interest in finance preferred
- You are analytical, adaptive, a leader and team player, and a multi-tasker
- You possess strong oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills with the ability to connect easily with others
- You have a passion for customer service and client satisfaction
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, without requiring, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Why Join Us?
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.