Intern – 2022 (Job Number: 21559)
Employee Status: Temporary
Schedule: Full Time
Primary Location: Seattle, WA
Other Locations: Napa, CA, Woodland Hills, CA, San Diego, CA, Bellingham, WA, Denver, CO, Walnut Creek, CA, San Francisco, CA, Everett, WA, Phoenix, AZ, Tri-Cities, WA, Santa Rosa, CA, Albuquerque, NM, Los Angeles, CA, Salinas, CA, Overland Park, KS, Spokane, WA, Irvine, CA, Eugene, OR, Tacoma, WA, Wenatchee, WA, Medford, OR, Dallas, TX, Yakima, WA, Stockton, CA, Silicon Valley, CA, Sacramento, CA, Portland, OR, Fresno, CA, Houston, TX
Moss Adams brings more West to business. More than a location, it’s a way of doing business—an ethos in which innovation thrives and optimism abounds. At Moss Adams, we’re excited by the greatness of possibility and the extraordinary potential for companies and individuals to prosper.
We provide the world’s most innovative companies with specialized accounting, consulting, and wealth management services to help them embrace emerging opportunity.
Moss Adams is currently seeking Interns for 2022. Our interns gain knowledge of the firm’s Assurance, Tax and Consulting practices through working with multiple clients across a variety of industries.
Interested in Assurance…As an intern, you can choose to work in one of the following practice areas:
- Assurance/Audit Staff participate in audit or review engagements, to include: a review of client accounting and operating procedures, performance of internal control test work, and conducting tests sufficient in scope to support an opinion. This involves participating in the preparation of financial statement reports, as well as, performing analytical reviews of various account balances and preparing supporting work paper documentation.
- Internal Audit Staff participate as team members on a variety of engagements in auditing, consulting, and reporting over operational, compliance and financial information. This includes performing internal control and process assessments, testing internal controls, preparing process and internal control documentation, developing recommendations for improvement, and reporting project results. In addition to the CPA, these team members may be asked to work toward the CIA, CMA or CISA.
- IT Compliance/Audit Staff participate in pre-audit planning for engagements, conduct interviews and review documentation of client IT and operating procedures, perform internal control and IT test work, and prepare supporting work paper documentation. Additionally, staff participate in the preparation of client deliverables, perform a variety of analysis, evaluate IT threats and cybersecurity, and conduct technical research to solve issues that arise during the course of various audit engagements. In addition to the CPA, these team members may be asked to work toward the CIA, CMA or CISA.
Interested in Tax… As an intern, you can choose to work in one of the following practice areas:
- Tax Staff prepare individual, trust, estate, partnerships and corporate tax returns. Tax Staff may assist clients in providing a full spectrum of tax services including planning, research and compliance.
- International Tax Staff assist multinational clients and high net worth individuals by performing transactional and functional analysis, transfer pricing analysis, US domestic and foreign tax planning, sourcing of income and foreign tax credit planning, research on international tax consulting and compliance issues, and other projects as assigned.
- Research & Development Tax Staff participate in project planning, conduct interviews and analyze information to identify eligible tax credits, and prepare supporting work paper documentation. Additionally, staff participate in the preparation of R&D tax credit studies, conduct research and draft technical memoranda.
- State & Local Tax Staff assist clients by performing state and local tax compliance reviews, analyze tax controversies, research and draft technical memoranda regarding income and franchise tax issues, and much more.
- Tangible Asset Incentives Tax Staff participate in project planning, assist in completing estimates of real and personal property, attend site visits, identify and quantify qualifying assets utilizing construction cost estimation tools, and prepare supporting work paper documentation. Additionally, staff participate in the preparation of cost segregation studies, conduct technical research, and provide tax credit and incentive consulting assistance.
We encourage candidates to submit their applications by September 26, 2021. Priority will be given to those that apply by this date.*
*Moss Adams reserves the right to accept applications after the date noted above.
Please note: You must attach your resume and unofficial transcripts to your online application.
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program, Accounting preferred
- For IT Compliance/Audit positions: Information Systems degrees may also be considered
- For Tax, State & Local Tax, International Tax and Research & Development Tax positions: Master of Tax or JD/LLM preferred
- For Tangible Asset Incentives positions: Industrial Engineering, Engineering or Construction Management may also be considered
- For accounting majors, MUST meet educational requirements to obtain CPA license upon full-time hire in the state of employment
- Summer Internship: At the start of the internship, eligible candidates must be within 6-15 months of completing coursework (Mid-June to Mid-August)
- Winter/Spring Internship: At the start of the internship, eligible candidates must be within 6-20 months of completing coursework (Early January to Mid-April, if schedule allows)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis upon hire. Moss Adams will not consider candidates for this position who require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g., H-1B status)
- Technology-related coursework highly desirable
- Excellent customer service skills
- Creative problem solving, critical thinking and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Works effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Highly motivated and takes initiative with professional growth and development
- Outstanding organization and project management skills
- Quickly adapts to a changing work environment, including the use of software, systems and technology
- Can take direction and exercises sound judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Prepared to travel to client locations, which may include occasional overnight stays (travel expectations vary by department and office location; talk to your local recruiter regarding specifics)
- Ability to work overtime, as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills – Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires employers to disclose the pay range for job openings in Colorado. This is the typical range of pay for the position; however, actual pay may vary based on experience and skillset. For more information about our benefits and other total rewards, visit our careers page.
Compensation Range (Denver Market ONLY): $26.00