Moss Adams brings more West to business. More than a location, it’s a way of doing business in which innovation thrives and optimism abounds. At Moss Adams, we’re excited by the greatness of possibility and the extraordinary potential for companies and individuals to prosper. We provide the world’s most innovative companies with specialized accounting, consulting, and wealth management services to help them embrace emerging opportunity.
Introduction to the team
The Family Office is one of the core Private Clients Advisory (PCA) practice that provides clients with the resources they need to manage complex financial affairs and reach their personal and family goals.
The Family Office Staff works with high-net-worth families to satisfy daily financial needs. This position is responsible for payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. This position will also be required to book journal entries and prepare monthly reports. The family office is a small team inside a larger organization. The work is fast paced and quite steady.
- Primary day-to-day client communications and problem resolution
- Ensure timely and accurate client communication and deliverables
- Review payroll prior to processing and selected Accounts Payable transactions
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Perform periodic account reconciliations including bank and personal investment accounts
- Prepare balance sheet, P&L, budgets and other client documents for manager review
- Prepare journal entries and supporting documentation
- Perform other routine accounting functions
- Monitor quality, verify information, and check for accuracy of own work
- Monitor cash balances for all operating accounts
- Review financial statements to determine which vendors require 1099s; process 1099s accordingly
- Develop and use systems to organize and keep track of information or work progress
- Appropriately communicate project status to managers and team members
Please note: You must attach your resume and unofficial transcripts to your online application.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Business and Accounting major preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis upon hire. Moss Adams will not consider candidates for this position who require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g., H-1B status)
- Experience with Excel, Word, Outlook required.
- Experience with Bill.com and QuickBooks preferred
- Understanding of payroll a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, collaborative team player, with a solutions-oriented approach for our team and clients
- Ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in technical area(s)
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills – Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.