Gulf Islands National Seashore are seeking a Youth Ambassador and Civic Leadership intern who will improve the visitor experience, resource stewardship, and safety through improved and enhanced communications products through traditional and new media.
Position Responsibilities will include:
- Social Media Management
- Assisting with CMS Web/Mobile Application Updates
- Assist with Media Engagements
- Customer Service
- Visitor Engagement/Tours
- Videography/Video editing
- Filing/Archiving Digital Content
- Community Outreach/Engagement
- Position is eligible for an AmeriCorps education award upon successful completion of the program. Value of education award is $ $4,266.50 (pre-tax).
- Living Allowance of $450 weekly
The job will require outside exposure to heat and elements, driving, walking/hiking long distances, lifting 25+ pounds, customer service skills and computer skills. Earlier start date can be considered if applicable. Career goals or skills will be considered for alterations to work plan activities.