Supply Chain Operations Intern
Privately held by the Brown family since its inception in 1932, NFI generates more than $2 billion in annual revenue and employs over 15,000 associates. NFI is a leading international third party logistics provider with customers ranging from Fortune 100 companies to small businesses. We pride ourselves on delivering completely customized supply chain solutions no matter the industry.
Gain applicable career experience in a growing organization and immerse yourself into the culture here at NFI. Throughout the internship, you will gain valuable, hands-on experience in either our distribution or transportation business, work on challenging projects, and network with leaders in their respective fields.
Each day you experience will be defined by your team, your site, and YOU – no two days will look the same. You will have the opportunity to drive results through a variety of tasks and projects with support and guidance from your team.
Our paid Internship roles open the door for future full time employment opportunities post graduation. Internships start mid-May through the beginning of June and conclude beginning to mid-August. Some locations may be able to offer extensions and part-time schedules past August.
While day to day activities will be individualized to the site, there are scheduled professional development activities for our interns to:
- Hear from business leaders
- Engage in self-development activities
- Network with peers
At the conclusion of the internship, you will present a reflection of your internship sharing your accomplishments, key learnings about the business, and how you have developed through the experience as an emerging leader. Post Internship: We’ve Got Big Plans For You.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform hands-on activities such as receiving, picking, loading, and dispatching of trailers.
- Attend local leadership team meetings which may include the customer
- Project Assignment may include:
- Time Study observations
- Collecting and Analyzing Data
- 5S/Lean process improvements
- Enhanced employee engagement and onboarding
- Vendor evaluations and cost savings recommendations
Desired Skill Sets:
- Demonstrated leadership ability, with the ability to engage and motivate others
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good reasoning, conflict-management, and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with MS Office Applications (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Ability to balance multiple projects and initiatives while executing results
- Must be a self-starter who works independently while contributing to the team goals
- Working towards a BA or BS Degree
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now, or in the future (ex. H1-B, F-1)
- Candidate must be able to commute to available locations
- Willingness to learn how to drive a forklift, if in a distribution center.
Locations: PA, NJ, CA, MD, TX, NC, GA, FL, KY, IL, IN, OH, SC (additional locations may become available as we approach Summer 2022)