IT at Niagara handles the design, engineering and implementation of business systems and processes – this team directly increases efficiency throughout Niagara. Several teams in IT also work on networking, hardware and technology architecture. Interns will work directly with most departments.
We know our people are our greatest assets, and we love to support the growth and development of our team members – both current and future. We are a family-owned and operated leading beverage manufacturer, and we’re growing rapidly both across the nation and internationally, providing vast opportunities for career advancement and making an impact across our company and communities.
What we offer:
- The chance to work in infrastructure, development, applications, network security and many other areas of our IT business
- An encouraging and supportive culture where your career growth and development is prioritized
- The ability to make a tangible impact in a creative and fast-paced environment
- Collaboration with other life-long learners who share your curiosity and desire for constant improvement
- Competitive pay and benefits that include: medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement, pet insurance, retirement savings, and of course… refreshing water!
What does our Professional Development Program look like for you?
The Professional Development Program (PDP) provides the opportunity to expand your professional skills right alongside the Niagara business. You will spend 18-24 months rotating through a variety of our teams, gaining exposure to different functions, building relationships, and contributing to continuous improvement projects. You will have a “home base” team that aligns with your future career goals, and serves to provide guidance and mentorship throughout your rotation. During your time in the program, you’ll attend learning sessions, networking events, and complete formal training. You’ll also have the opportunity to complete a rotation in one of our manufacturing plants to learn how the heart of our business operates! At the completion of your PDP, you will be equipped for an exciting role in your home department, and ready to take on even greater challenges and projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Learning multiple parts of a complex business
- Collaborating with your leader to create and adjust your customized rotation schedule. Your opinion on this matters; we want this program to provide meaningful exposure and learning to several parts of the business.
- Contributing to the day-to-day operations and projects in each of your department rotations.
- Seeking feedback from your leaders and peers to guide your individual development planning. Never be afraid to ask questions; we are here to help!
- Building relationships your department leaders and building valuable cross-departmental partnerships.
- Participating in developmental opportunities, including learning sessions, training courses, and stretch assignments.
- You’ll end the rotation with a presentation about key learnings from your rotations, and your observations and recommendations.
What skills you need to be successful:
- Strong oral and Written Communication – the ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, and demonstrated presentation skills
- Problem Solving abilities, including the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Collaboration – building rapport with others in the workplace and showing support of others’ ideas
- Individual Initiative – We’re looking for those who are self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision while executing tasks in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- Driven and Accountable – Always looking for growth, you’ll receive feedback from manager and from others, setting specific and manageable goals that are focused on your personal and professional objectives