Staff Auditor –
Los Angeles, CA
- Perform compliance or forensic audit procedures, supervised in accordance with your level of experience.
- Handle computer data processing and analysis.
- Gathers information and documents work clearly and accurately in work papers.
- Organizes files in a logical and easy-to-follow manner.
- Maintains an updated open items list.
- Demonstrates an understanding of audit/accounting programs, procedures, and work paper techniques.
- Responsible for self-reviewing own work and math checking other staff’s work.
- Responsible for identifying and presenting alternative solutions to issues.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Assists in report preparation.
- Maintains ongoing status reports.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients and assess clients’ satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with the audited company’s representatives.
- Other responsibilities as deemed appropriate by management of the specific department.
- Travel as needed.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting, and/or an undergraduate or graduate degree with sufficient course work to achieve CPA certification upon passing the examination.
- Minimum accounting classes to meet job requirements are Accounting 1 & 2 and Intermediate Accounting.
- At least 3.0 GPA and no prior work experience or at least 2.5 GPA and some work experience in any field.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word. Access is preferred
- Analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- A thinker, who can generate “out of the box” ideas.
- Ability to organize information clearly.
- Problem-solving skills.
- High accuracy and attention to detail.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
Occasional, standing, walking, crouching and lifting up to 15 pounds.
Frequent use of hands and reaching with hands and arms.
Regular talking, hearing, seeing, and sitting.
Moderate to the loud noise level.
Risk of electrical shock.
NKSFB is an Equal Opportunity Employer