NKSFB seeks a Forensic Accountant with 3 plus years of experience. . Candidate with experience in family law preferred. The candidate must have a genuine interest in forensic accounting and litigation support services. Experience in family law a plus. This position performs many duties of an advanced level forensic accountant including working directly with clients/management.
To be successful in this role, you should combine keen investigative skills with knowledge of accounting procedures. You should be able to organize financial evidence into detailed reports that will be helpful to attorneys and judicial officers.
Responsibilities and Primary Duties:
- Participate in client assignments from beginning to end.
- Create forensic and economics models for the presentation of the forensic standard accounting systems.
- Identify and communicate case issues, finding, and improvement opportunities with managers and partners to resolve client issues discovered during engagements.
- Work with discovery team to inventory and reconcile documents and data produced in preparation for submission to courts, attorneys, and clients
- Assist in preparation of exhibits and background information for expert witness testimony • Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality, and personal conduct.
- They will participate in training and developing staff and building a team-centered client service team; monitor client issues related to compliance services and monitor engagement status and profitability as well as attending to client’s expectation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field is required;
- CPA is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in an accounting or audit role is required.
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment.
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools.
- CPA + Forensic, Investigative, and/or Discovery industry related experience
- Knowledge and experience in family law forensics accounting projects.
NKSFB is an Equal Opportunity Employer
I have read this job description and completely understand my duties and responsibilities. I am able to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. If I have any questions about job duties not specified in this description that I am asked to perform, I will discuss them with my immediate supervisor or Human Resources.
Signed: _____________________________ Date: __________________________