Human Resources – Intern
This is an Internship opportunity for 6-8 weeks and NKSFB will provide training.
Description: Human Resources – Intern
Under the direction of the HR Manager, the HR – Intern provides administrative support to operations in all HR sub-functions. He/she works primarily in the recruiting and onboarding phases of the employee lifecycle, while also assisting other activities as needed for other processes (e.g. benefits open enrollment, talent management, employee engagement).
- First point of entry for employee requests to the HR department
- Assist recruiter in administrative components of interview process such as answering phone calls, scanning documents, employment applications, scheduling interviews and background checks.
- New hire onboarding process (offer of employment, background check, other forms) and coordination with IT and office services
- New hire orientation calendar and coordination with HR, IT, Finance
- New hire processing (tracking, documentation, auditing)
- Employee files creation and maintenance
- Employee exit processing (tracking, documentation, exit meetings, follow-ups)
- Support HR team members in various ad-hoc projects throughout the year (e.g. open enrollment, performance reviews, employee surveys, etc.)
- Junior or Sophomore Standing
Education / Experience:
- A candidate currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources (or related business field) strongly preferred
- Occasional standing, walking, crouching, and light lifting up to 15 pounds.
- Frequent use of hands and reaching with hands and arms
- Regular talking, hearing, seeing, and sitting
- Low to the moderate noise level
NKSFB is an Equal Opportunity Employer