IT Helpdesk – Intern
This is an Internship opportunity for 6-8 weeks and NKSFB will provide training.
Description: IT Helpdesk – Intern
Location: Westwood & Encino
We are looking to hire an IT Helpdesk- Intern to join our team who will assist in daily helpdesk tasks and support requests. The position requires a team player who will be expected to be organized, motivated, and demonstrate a professional attitude. The candidate will be exposed to a fast-moving work environment.
- Participate in the new employee onboarding process – Imaging and configuring desktops/laptops
- Create Purchase Orders in the Concur system for the purchasing of IT equipment
- Receiving, handling, decommissioning and tracking of all inventory
- Configure, deploy and relocate corporate desktops and laptops
- Cable Management
- Install and configure standard software applications
- Deploy various hardware peripherals, following design or installation specifications.
- Perform repairs to hardware and peripheral equipment. Processing warranties with vendors
- Be a resource in project work in addition to regular duties.
- Manage and triage the Helpdesk ticket queue and scheduling tickets out for the helpdesk engineers using the Samange ticketing system
- Assist the Helpdesk Supervisor in running reports to maintain service levels
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- User moves
- New user equipment setup
- Peripheral setup/configuration
- Calling in warranty repairs on various hardware
- Available 5 hours of workday daily, a total of 25 hours per week.
- Must be available for occasional weekend and overtime work if needed.
- Working knowledge (ie: administration) of Microsoft Windows workstations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and time management skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and customer service skills
- Superior organizational skill
Education / Experience:
- A candidate currently pursuing a degree in Information systems and technology.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and Employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
NKSFB is an Equal Opportunity Employer