Job Summary: Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Noble House Payroll Specialist is responsible for accurate processing and recording of Company’s payrolls, provide timely and accurate financial information, participate in daily data entry and Payroll data reports via ADP Workforce Now. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate.
- Responsible for overseeing and participating in the timely and accurate reporting and processing of bi-weekly payroll for multiple locations in the U.S. (including California) and Canada and multiple company codes.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Perform compliances for unclaimed property payroll checks
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc)
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Process manual check calculations and taxable reimbursements
- Work with senior accountant to update and reconcile monthly bank statements from ADP
- Load import files received from HR (All Companies)
- Respond to payroll related questions and requests (i.e. employment verifications, employee pay issues, income withholding, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Partners with HR on employee onboarding, transfers and termination processes and pay related items. Works closely with the HR Manager and HR Director regarding payroll benefit related items.
- Partners with Accounting colleagues to provide monthly, quarterly, and annual labor cost reporting.
- Other duties as assigned by manager, director, and/or executive management.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description required from this position. This is not a complete list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll taxes.
- Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now
- Demonstrated strong sense of integrity and ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Problem-solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills; Ability to analyze data and provide clear reporting and feedback
- Familiarity with both California and federal wage and hour laws
- Punctual with excellent attendance
- Ability to timely respond to deadlines, balance workload, and take initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a cooperative, small office environment and communicate with employees of all classifications and levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Teams); intermediate-level Excel, in particular (e.g., VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Index Match, Sum If formulas)
- Proficient computer skills
- Generally requires minimum of four (4) years of multi-state payroll processing experience
- 2+ years’ experience with ADP Workforce Now, especially Time and Attendance and Reporting modules
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or high school diploma plus relevant business experience also accepted
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- International payroll experience (e.g. Canada and Mexico) desirable
- Two (2) years of Payroll Supervisor experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of QuickBooks preferred but not required
- Prior Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, Docs, Meet, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing in this position, the employee may be required to:
- Frequently see periods of prolonged sitting and repetitive motions due to use of computer equipment and telephones.
- Occasionally lift and/or carry up to 25 lbs.
- Occasionally stand, walk, squat, kneel, twist at the waist, use hands for fine manipulation, pushing & pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level
- Occasionally climb stairs to reach second-floor office locations
· Work performed indoors in an office facility with temperatures subject to normal environmental conditions.
· Certain office locations are adjacent to warehouse facility spaces with temperatures subject to normal environmental conditions.
· Noise level of the office environment is low.
· Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Team-Oriented Culture – We have a diverse workplace of talented people – sales/marketing, merchandising, e-commerce, retail, and general administrators – who partner to make Noble House a unique and engaging place to work.
Employee Benefits – including paid-time off, medical plans, dental, vision, 401k, profit sharing.
Noble House Perks – Employee discounts on Noble House home furnishings products, monthly lunches, fitness and mindfulness app subscriptions, free employee counseling, and other discounts.
All employees of the Corporate office are expected to be at least partially vaccinated for COVID-19. PPE is made available.