The Orange County Riptide, a collegiate wood bat summer baseball team playing games at the Great Park in Irvine, California, seeks interns with strong knowledge and understanding of inventory management, supply chain operations and accounting.
Please Note: This un-paid internship position will require your attendance at home games in Irvine, Calif. Qualified candidates will need to ensure they have housing available from June through early August 2022.
Summer interns attending college outside of the Orange County, Calif. area must make their own living arrangements for the summer. The OC Riptide cannot provide housing for out-of-the-area interns.
Interns chosen for this position will need strong critical thinking skills, ability to work in a dynamic environment, take direction easily and quickly, willingness to work nights and weekends and be a trustworthy professional with outstanding record-keeping and analytical abilities.
- Inventory & Supply Chain Managers will design and implement an inventory tracking system to optimize inventory control procedures.
- Interns will learn to examine inventory levels of supplies needed for game day operations of a collegiate summer baseball program.
- Interns will learn to properly document and be responsible for consumable and reusable inventory to reduce shrinkage, loss and maximize efficiency.
- By the end of the internship, students should have gained exceptional knowledge in supply chain management, accounting and game day operations.
In lieu of compensation, academic credit is available for this internship. Academic credit is not guaranteed, and accepted interns need to verify/check with their respective academic departments to ensure this specific internship opportunity meets academic credit requirements.
Because this position requires attendance at home games, (18-20 games spanning from June through early August) applicants are expected to work four (4) to five (5) hours per game. This includes pre-game, in-game and post-game purchase of supplies, check-in and check-out of materials, inventory management, profit and loss accounting and other duties assigned by the general manager and head coach. Candidates chosen for this position will work within a team atmosphere with one other staff member within the same role.
Ideal candidates will be a trustworthy professional with outstanding record-keeping and analytical abilities. The chosen candidate will demonstrate excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to interpret and analyze large amounts of data.
· Design and implement an inventory tracking system to optimize inventory control procedures.
· Examine the levels of supplies and items for purchase to determine shortages.
· Document daily starting and ending inventory levels.
· Prepare detailed reports on inventory operations, stock levels and adjustments.
· Evaluate new inventory to ensure it’s ready for public consumption.
· Perform daily analysis to predict potential inventory problems.
· Order or purchase new supplies to avoid inefficiencies or excessive surplus.
· Analyze different suppliers to obtain the best cost-effective deals.
· Provide detailed breakdown of Profit & Loss, pointing to exact locations where revenue was generated for proper future budgeting.
· Analyze both cash and digital revenue generation and provide accurate accounting for all revenue generating sources.
· Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, and forecasting techniques.
· An analytical mind with strong attention to detail.
· Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent communication and leadership abilities.