Technical Support Specialist – Buffalo, NY
The role will be 100% remote for now #socialdistancing. Eventually, it will convert into a hybrid commute in Buffalo, NY. Relocation bonus available depending upon location.
Odoo is the world’s top open-source ERP SaaS software and Technical Support is the key to our future success! Technical Support Specialists coordinate with various service teams to strategically find the best solutions for businesses that use our software.
As a Technical Support Specialist here at Odoo, you will help us achieve our mission of accelerating value for longstanding SMB customers spanning across North America. This role collaborates with other client facing roles, is part of a growing team, and heavily impacts Odoo’s success. We’re looking for someone who is investigative, empathetic and has great communication skills. You understand small to medium sized businesses and the functions within them.
- Become an expert on all of the features and functions within Odoo’s software applications
- Provide expertise to clients seeking to use Odoo applications effectively
- Create solutions and effectively communicate (written, verbal) to customers
- Maximize customer satisfaction through timely and accurate resolution of customer inquiries/issues
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, and Developer teams to escalate critical issues
- Resolve issues via email, chat, and phone
- Gather feedback: our product team loves to crank out features that our users are asking for
- Boost Customer Satisfaction and productivity
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required – Business or STEM preferred
- Creative thinker and strategic problem solver
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively, both written and orally
- Excited to play an integral role in a rapidly evolving field
- Demonstrate an affinity for Saas products that handle CRM, Accounting, Inventory, POS, and other software verticals
Nice to have:
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Business experience at an ERP
- Experience/knowledge with SaaS/Cloud based applications
- Sociable and outgoing
- Willing to learn constantly and work proactively
- Prior experience at a fast-growing startup
Compensation and Perks:
- $100 towards a work from home office set up + the ability to pick up chairs, laptop stands etc. as needed. (All office equipment picked up is considered office property where as the $100 spent on office equipment would be yours to keep)
- Free books for professional development
- Benefits include: healthcare (KAISER!), dental, vision, life insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account
- Compensation includes base salary and commissions for all strategic partnerships sales team members
- PTO (Paid-time-off), paid sick days and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance program; 3 X 1 hour telehealth calls with certified mental health professionals
- Evolve in a nice working atmosphere with a passionate growing team!
Once back in the office (Post social distancing):
- Company sponsored events for groups of 6+ employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits such as parking and transit
- Snacks, fruit, and coffee/drinks on tap!
- Activities possibly expensed if multiple employees attend, especially sports-focused activities
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Odoo’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.