Use your HR skills in the USA while serving an international organization. Get practical experience with current recruiting, payroll, employee development, and the coordination of HR policies and procedure techniques. Experience shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful professionals while participating in an international community—helping invite others to the work that God is doing around the world.
This job can be done virtually or in-person. Internships are available for Spring, Summer, or Fall semesters. Several internships are available each semester.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Post new positions on websites and job boards
- Assist with screening resumes and applications
- Coordinate interviews
- Collect and update our database with new hire information (e.g., employment forms and contact information)
- Proofread HR documents
- Help prepare Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents
- Track progress, priorities, and deadlines of various projects
- Develop experience working on a wide variety of HR projects
- Gain exposure to a fast-paced, collaborative office environment
- Work side-by-side with a highly experienced HR executive
Qualifications and Skills:
- Human Resources Management or Business major
- Completed Sophomore or Junior year of college or Recent Graduate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- All interns must formally accept and abide by OM USA’s Statement of Faith for the duration of the internship.
Qualifications of on-field supervisor:
- BA Social Science/Marketing/Communications/Public Relations
- Degree Credit available upon the approval of your university/college supervisors.